Tuesday 23 September 2014

Shout-out to the kind folks at JetBrains

The other day I received a reminder mail that my R# license is due to expire in a few weeks. Now, I bought that when I was doing some work for a personal client and I really needed both VB.NET and C# functionality from my R#. So unfortunately, despite the kind offer from my company to use one of the roaming licenses they have for C#, that wasn't going to cut the mustard. I bit the bullet and got my own R# and reaped the productivity benefits, even though I'm quite sure I use only around 40% of the functionality offered by R#.
Anyways, I responded to the mail with a query regarding PeanutButter and the JetBrains R# OpenSource licensing program and... have been awarded an OpenSource (ie, no-charge) license for this year for R#, Full Edition. Thanks JetBrains! If you use C# and/or VB.NET (and, now, I hear C++ is in EAP) for development, in Visual Studio, Resharper can probably boost your productivity with navigation, code cleanup and refactoring functionality. Head on over to http://www.jetbrains.com/resharper/ to check it out if you don't use it already. The pricing may seem like quite a bit (and I'll freely admit that it's not cheap), but you can make that back quite quickly with the time it saves you, especially if you program TDD-style and take pride in your code, refactoring it to make it expressive and therefore more easily maintained.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's new in PeanutButter?

Retrieving the post... Please hold. If the post doesn't load properly, you can check it out here: https://github.com/fluffynuts/blog/...